Saturday, March 29, 2014

Nine Weeks Left

It was the Friday before spring break.  The kids were crazy, and I was just trying to keep them calm until the bell rang.  As we were cleaning the room and finishing up random projects a student said, "It feels like the last day of school."  Immediately, another student responded, "No it doesn't.  If it were the last day of school Mrs. Dalesio would be bawling her eyes out!"  I stood there smiling, thinking of the truth that was just spoken.

These kids hold such a special part of my heart this year.   Every other year of teaching, after the 100th Day celebration we start counting backwards until the last day of school.  This year, I didn't put up the numbers, I don't want to focus on the end.  I'm savoring each moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment